Vicfurth's State of the MLB

vicfurth

YA-HOO!! I've finally decided to write the second issue of State of the MLB.

Top 3 AL award candidates

Well, someone had to start it, so I will. I now give you the top early American League MVP candidate...

AL MVP-Michael Young, SS, Texas Rangers

Now before you go all "this guy's high" on me, I can back this up. Mike Young has been the best lead-off man in the AL (maybe in baseball) thus far this season. He has improved immensely in all aspects of offense, leads the majors in hits (59), has 121 total bases, & is second in the AL in BA (.360). Young is on pace to, by far, have his best season ever. He has done so well that it has even taken this author by surprise. He is on pace to score 144 runs, have 258 hits (ML record), 35 homers, & 131 RBI's. He has done all this while retaining his near Gold Glove status as a shortstop. Young's stats, attitude, and willingness to put the team in front of himself has helped Texas to 2nd place in the AL West and have made Rangers' fans forget about A-Rod, "best player in baseball". Fort Worth Star-Telegram writer Jim Reeves states it well, "There's a certain irony to the fact that the best player in the American League still plays shortstop at The Ballpark in Arlington."

AL Cy Young-Kevin Brown, SP, New York Yankees

I believe that the best pitcher in the AL still plays for the Yankees. Kevin Brown is yet to lose a decision with a perfect 5-0 record. He also has an ERA of 3.13, hitters only hit .252 against him, and his WHIP is 1.14. He has held up what at first seemed to be a shoddy Yankees rotation, consistently being the best. I don't believe that any AL pitcher has done more to help his team.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

AL MVP-Michael Young, SS, Texas Rangers

I wholeheartedly concur. I'm glad to see Mike doing well and getting the attention he deserves. As a lifelong Rangers fan, I have extremely high hopes for this season.

tyson.jpg

Archived