sports-reference.com sites and their colored numbers

MCM0313

You know how when you're on a sports-reference.com site (pfr, for example), it'll have the number against a color-appropriate backdrop for each team a player played for? Those are pretty accurate but, being a dork, I've noticed some inaccuracies. The most glaring are from the NFL---they show the 1996-current Eagles' "midnight green" as a dark kelly, and the pre-2004 Cardinals' bright red as, well, cardinal (which I think they should switch to next change they make; it looks good). Some of the college ones are inaccurate as well. Anybody else care to weigh in? Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillAe00.htm

Yeah, they probably just eyeball some approximations of team colors off a hex palette or something. I try not to sweat it.

On the other hand, the Miami Marlins' numbers have a circle split between blue and light red-orange. That's some attention to detail.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

On the other hand, the Miami Marlins' numbers have a circle split between blue and light red-orange. That's some attention to detail.

I love what they did for the Marlins. I'm one of those who don't actively hate their current look. 

Archived