As many (most?) of you know, the (vast) majority of people think the new/current Los Angeles Clippers logo sucks... and for good reason. But spontaneously - out of absolutely nowhere - I came up with a brilliant concept. If nobody has thought of this before, I might actually be surprised. (Maybe a little?)

Well, check this one out! It's a prototype that exemplifies the best of minimalist design (which is the trend du jour), while incorporating elements that make way too much sense. And yes - the red and blue used here is EXACTLY the same as that used in the current and former Los Angeles Clippers logos. The logo looks like a boat, which is a stand-in for a Clipper ship - the Los Angeles Clippers, which were originally based in the naval city of San Diego (as the San Diego Clippers), borrows its nickname from the aforementioned seafaring vessel. The logo incorporates a stylized "LA" (which you can see here), and the bottom of the logo incorporates a part of a basketball, which is commonplace for NBA logos. (By my count, two-thirds of all NBA teams have this as part of their primary logo.) Not to brag, but I say that this idea is too good to ignore. If someone improves upon this design and it gets some serious press, I've done my job already.

Thoughts?

Disclaimer: This work, illustrated herein, is an entirely original concept by sj10689 (the original author of this thread); any other logos/designs which have already been created prior to the posting of this comment, that bear any (striking) similarity, or is (almost) exactly the same, constitutes a circumstance which is purely coincidental. Therefore, as sj10689 is verily the creator of this work, which was not in any way inspired by, nor copied from any other pre-existing works, sj10689 assumes full ownership of this property.

Provisional new Clippers Logo.png

P.S.: I go by "Adam_Halverson" outside the forums, on sportslogos.net. I reposted this concept on the Los Angeles Clippers primary logo page.

Archived