Atlanta Braves Road Uniform

HuntTheJones

To start, I want to say that in 2008 when I was a young high schooler, I thought the current rendition of the Navy Braves road top was awesome.  I mean, what was there not to love about the outlined(?) script and numbers to a 14 year old kid?  It was what all of the high schools seemed to be doing at the time, and now my favorite big league team was hopping on.  Ten years later, though, and I find myself irked by it.  At the risk of sounding like one of those old cliché, traditionalistic talking heads, I have to say it.  It doesn't (at least to me) look professional, something that as I have gotten older I have grown to appreciate.  Spring Training rendition of it? Heck yea, why not?

HtnumVJ.png

Atlanta Braves Navy Spring Training Top. GOOD

But your go to color top on the road during the regular season (and the ONLY Navy option), not anymore.

5f6c4b55-ae4b-4c1a-8394-1d950ad82a9b-AP18115838679038.jpg

Atlanta Braves current Road Navy Top. BAD

I don't know, I may be in the minority here.  But "Bush League" qualities aside, it really does irk me that the script "A" on the cap is solid white, but just below it the same exact "A" in "Atlanta" is Navy with a White outline.  I for one would just love some consistency.  So, no more griping, but that's what prompted me to create a new concept.  I'm hoping with Nike set to take over the MLB in 2020, here's hoping my Braves take the opportunity to update this out of date set.

What I propose are two options.  The first of which would allow Atlanta to keep the current All Navy Road hat (which I will openly say I am not a fan of, especially when there is a MUCH BETTER design in the not-so-distant past that will be part of my second concept option.

HtnxCVw.png

Now, I will admit.  This was a much easier concept to make happen in my head, only due to the simple fact that I didn't account for the Tomahawk.  I mean, it was always there, I just never thought about how it would work with a solid White only "Atlanta" script to match the current Road hat, which is the entire point of this one.

The second option I will say that I have complete bias towards, solely for the fact that I am a homer for the hat option, and have been for the entirety of my Braves fandom.  Remember that wonderful Tomahawk "A" hat with the Red bill the Braves used to sport with the glorious Red tops (and not those heinous star filled ones either, I'm talking the original with Tomahawk under the script, but that's a whole different conversation)? 

ff_2670491alt2_full.jpg&w=600 HtnBra6.png

BAD                                                                    GOOD

Yea, me too.  But anyway, back to the hat.  So why not bring it back, but as the inspiration for a Navy jersey?

HtnyjSP.png

While the jersey itself is still slowly growing on me, the hat itself in my opinion makes the move absolutely worth it.  What do you think?  C&C please.  Let's help make Atlanta great looking on the Road again. (Though snapping this 4 game skid wouldn't hurt, either)

spacer.png

Archived