excellent resource for designers

fiasco!

you can be a great designer and never get anywhere in this business, because it's such a fickle marketplace.

well :censored:. sucks for people like me, GMS, and tempest then, doesn't it. We're all around the age of 18...i was hoping we could make big money out of this. Guess not?

But what about designers like Brad (Nitroseed)? His stuff's more than legit, his work is amazing. Is he making big bucks? Or at least could he be?

What about guys like Joe Bosack? And Jason and Casey from Plan B. Branding? I wanna know how they made it in this business. They are making crazy bank right?

if you are in it for the money, get the fluff out right now and become some sort of investor. this business is overrun by those 'in it for the money' as evidenced by sites like pixellogo and the like. if you are truly passionate about design, it will show through in your work and to your clients. they'll know you will go the extra mile to get them the absolute best identity you can.

guys like brad, joe bosack, dan simon and the like are the minority in this business. they seem to truly love what they do, and are able to make a living at it. i'll be trying my hand at 'doing it for myself' within the next year as i try to build up a local client base and hopefully word of mouth will spread. it'll start with a rebranding of my 'fiasco' moniker....yes, the name i've been using for ten years will be no longer associated with my design work. i'll be sure to post any updates i have.

ian, if you really want to know how bosack and simon made it in this biz, i suggest reading this articles i scanned to pdf from HOW Design mag. very insightful article.

"Get Your Game On"

this kinda got lost in the shuffle in the 'this website' thread, and i think the article is a great resource for any designer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived