Cycling Blog/initiative (C&C appreciated)

Egon084

Long time fan of the amazing community here on CCSL. Thanks for the many years of enjoyment and community. That being said, I spent the few years dealing with PTSD from my military career. I destroyed my life and everything around me. However, this time last year I acknowledged my issue and decided to tackle it. Cycling has been a huge part of my personal "therapy," and for my anniversary I will be riding in a group ride from Washington DC to Virginia Beach. I decided to do a blog leading up to this to chronicle what I feel has improved in my life and the journey.

My design goals:

Military feel

Cycling

Revolution (Full Circle)

Unity/Camaraderie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3g6tu4q4rsw1tv/ChainLinkc.png

I don't know what I'm going to call my blog but I hope it will be something that someone walking the same path can feel inspired.

I would appreciate any C&C on this as it is beyond meaningful to me. This was done in inkpad so if you have any tips or can improve on it please add that as well. Thanks so much.

Why don't you have a top view of the chainlinks, and make it look like a military badge? Since it is already in the shape of a star I'm sure you could find a way to do that. Using a circle somewhere would hep reflect unity in a subtle fashion. If this is a project that you intend to go out and create, and wear for the group ride, then why not incorporate your own army rank (a la military uniform) in there as well? Nothing wrong with some pride.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

xOwzChW.jpg

I really like this as is. I think it succeeds on all four design goals.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Excellent start on the logo. I agree it should be viewed from the top down to highlight the star feature if it plus incorporate military aspect of it. Looking forward to what you come up with.

I am in the military myself here in Canada (Royal Canadian Navy) of 18 years and have many friends who have been diagnosed with PTSD. It is a damaging disease that will destroy not just yourself but the people you love around you. I am hoping you have found a way through the maze and finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Best of luck mate

Fellow Squid here too. I appreciate the words of encouragement.

Here's a top down view. I am totally mixed about this logo. It's iconic, it's clean and I think it's beautiful. However, I think it's "cuddly." I doesn't seem like a cycling logo. Yes it has the bike chain and represents cycling in that sense; but it's lacking speed and aggressiveness. It seems like a logo for a cycling charity, which may not be a bad thing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnnz0cbjk1dtud5/Chainlinktop.png

As always any C&C would be greatly appreciated.

Archived