UW-Milwaukee Baseballl Concept

MilTownMVP

uwm_baseball.gif

Here's something I threw together a few months ago.

Their current unis are the mid-90's germanic Brewers jerseys with the Milwaukee script and a hat with the panther logo. I decided to make these since the lettering is more consistent with their wordmark and it has the traditional M as an additional nod to Hank Aaron (the Panthers play at Henry Aaron Field). The Panther (his name is Victor E... how lame is that?) has been moved to the sleeves.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I love where you're going with this, but I'm just not feeling the standard block "M" with the modern Panthers sleeve patch and wordmark. It just looks slapped on and has no cohesion with the rest of your solid design. Plus, I think it would be tight if you put a slight arch on the bottom of the wordmark (sort of how the UWM Panthers primary logo looks) and used a two-color border (at home it'd be black/white/gold, for the aways it's be black/gold/white).

And don't hate on Victor E. Panther ;)

PS: Speaking of Henry Aaron Field, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay Dominican also play their home games there and get routinely shredded by my Brown Deer Falcons (which my brother pitches and plays first base for)...

QPR%20Sig.png

I love where you're going with this, but I'm just not feeling the standard block "M" with the modern Panthers sleeve patch and wordmark. It just looks slapped on and has no cohesion with the rest of your solid design. Plus, I think it would be tight if you put a slight arch on the bottom of the wordmark (sort of how the UWM Panthers primary logo looks) and used a two-color border (at home it'd be black/white/gold, for the aways it's be black/gold/white).

And don't hate on Victor E. Panther ;)

PS: Speaking of Henry Aaron Field, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay Dominican also play their home games there and get routinely shredded by my Brown Deer Falcons (which my brother pitches and plays first base for)...

Originally, I wanted to put that arch on the wordmark, but it looked more suited for a basketball jersey IMO (in fact, that is what the UWM hoops teams do, only with the standard varsity font).

When I get home, I'll see if I still have all the cap designs I considered. Some of the designs I remember trying were the "UWM" wordmark (too busy & longer than it was taller), just the M from that mark (too plain), the "NY" style "UWM" they used a few years ago (even more busy).

But I do like the idea of adding another outline to the wordmarks. I may try that when I get back in.

I'm not hatin' on the Panther though... just the default name "Victor E." (that's used by 99.9% of college mascots with no identity outside of the people associated with the university). I think they should call him "Eudub" (get it... U-Dub?).

And it's always nice to hear about Brown Deer whoopin' up on those North Shore Nancies. :D

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived