A thought on 20 twenty Cricket

Saintsfan

I went to my first 20 twenty cricket game yesterday, also interestingly the first played at the Lord's ground, which is the 'Home of cricket'. Think of Yankee Stadium and you might have some idea of its history and traditions, but you still wouldn't really be that close.

anyways as a criket fan, I thought it was a bit disappointing! The batting was not as erm 'artistic' as you would see in a longer version of the game. Although it wasn't a great game either- Surrey Lions were always ahead of the game and Middlesex Crusaders frankly were well beaten. However as a sports experience it was pretty exciting! I could imagine that as a sporting event, it might catch on as a alternative sporting event. There was enough action to keep most p[eople entertained!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Pardon my ignorance, as I live in Missouri, obviously a cricket hotbed :P, but how does this format differ from regular? I probably won't understand your explanation since i've only seen highlights (but i paid enough attention to get the basic idea, along with some help from wikipedia)

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sorry! 20 twenty is 20 overs a side, as opposed to 50 overs for regular one day games or 5 days for a test match. this means that the game lasts roughly 3 hours as opposed to a whole day. Its designed to appeal to a wier audience, and as counties having been filling grounds in the competition it seems to be doing its job!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived