A Series of Made Up Athletic Identities For a Series of Made up Colleges

the_grateful_ted

Ok guys I was out of town for week but now I'm back with the third team of the series, the West Puget Sound University Steelheads!

Based out of the Olympia, Washington, the Steelheads are named after the state fish the Steelhead Trout. Colors are a medium green and lighter grey with white accents. This is the first team I have made with different helmets for home and away. As for logos, I'm happy with the primary, a leaping trout. The secondary is kinda weak I know, but I was drawing a black so it's the trout head until I think of something better. The tertiary is kinda a cascade of water and bubbles pattern thing I used on the jerseys. Again, ideas for secondary and tertiary logos are welcome. For uniforms, the home is grey green grey, away is green white green, and the alternate is green grey green. Also, I will mention if these teams looks are interchangeable. The first two teams home away and alternate looks are set, this teams is not. These are the basic looks, the others can be interchanged but mono chrome looks are heavily disouraged. Field designs are coming soon, and hopefully the next team should too, Enjoy and comments and criticism are welcome as always! *UPDATED WITH FIELD

ssrainbowtroutFULL_zpsewwtoqc9.pngwpssec_zpsqlyshf73.pngWPSUHome_zpsgsysswlj.pngWPSUAway_zpsfinpkrfn.pngWPSUAlternate_zpsv9xcmiza.pngWPSUField_zpsy9cfjmsl.png

I just came across this topic. I like what you have going so far! I really like that you are making the school mascots reflect the region so that it makes sense. The Steelheads are my favorite so far. I love what you did with the jersey, very modern but it works. Only change I can see is the helmet. I like the striping, but the logo does not seem to gel with the rest of the uniform. To me it is a little to traditional on a much modern uniform. Maybe the second logo of just the fish head would work better on the helmet. Keep up the great work and I will be sure to keep an eye on your creations!

imperialssignature_by_officerpain138-dc2

I just came across this topic. I like what you have going so far! I really like that you are making the school mascots reflect the region so that it makes sense. The Steelheads are my favorite so far. I love what you did with the jersey, very modern but it works. Only change I can see is the helmet. I like the striping, but the logo does not seem to gel with the rest of the uniform. To me it is a little to traditional on a much modern uniform. Maybe the second logo of just the fish head would work better on the helmet. Keep up the great work and I will be sure to keep an eye on your creations!

Thanks for the comments! I've experimented around with different helmet ideas and I'll update it soon

Alright so I've got another one! We are staying in the West Coast for this one moving to Eureka California, home to the Northern California University Redwoods! The colors are an orangish red, muted royal blue, and yellow. The primary is the letters NC separated by a redwood tree silhouette. The secondary is an arched Norcal script. Because the logos are very simple in design, I tried my hand at a lot of beveling, please let me know how I can improve on that! I did not do a tertiary logo because I was happy with this logo package. These uniforms are meant to be an Oregon like style, never wearing the same thing twice. There is no set home and away, I just used monochrome to demonstrate the options. The Red and White uniform pieces are used very commonly and interchangeably. However the blue uniforms pieces are used very sparingly. NCU is an Adidas poster child, so you might see a few bad Adidas design elements tried here, such as weird, strange colored belt areas and on the blue uniform a large slanted logo. Because the main logo is a set of letters, and the main aspect of the logos is heavy, think beveling, the focus of the uniforms is strong, think striping. I tried to balance all the colors out and use yellow very sparingly. Also let me know how the blue field looks, I tried an orange one it just didn't look good at all.

NCUPrimary_zpspzevl2lj.pngNCUSecondary_zpso8qsuqvk.pngNCUHome_zpsf8pd720v.pngNCUAway_zps33eyzfww.pngNCUAlternate_zps6sqvn9ub.pngNCUFootballField_zpsqwxqqsxo.png

Comments and criticism are welcome as always, enjoy!

Archived