Sydney Roosters Logo Brand Update idea

RoosTah

Hi guys,

I'm new here, and actually stumbled across this page whilst looking to see what other NRL Roosters fans had come up with for concept designs for our club.

I saw the one put here a year ago by one of your Kiwi members and whilst I loved his artwork, the concept very much carried over the issues that most Sydney fans have with our current logo - namely that it's too cartoony and doesn't really fit with the aesthetic of the "foundation" clubs in the competition. 

As a rule, most fans seem to love our 1978 logo - simple as it as (see below) and hate our new one. So I decided to try and come up with a concept centred on that design, but which incorporated aspects of the others. 

Below you'll see the former logos leading up to the design I propose:

Progression.png

I really like the rooster and the idea you have behind it. I just fell something wrong about the font of the year below. The font is too small and difficult to read. Try with a broader font maybe...

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

9 hours ago, Pulv! said:

I really like the rooster and the idea you have behind it. I just fell something wrong about the font of the year below. The font is too small and difficult to read. Try with a broader font maybe...

Cheers mate!

Yes, it is a little bit hard to read. I made it slightly sepia in tone and a more classic looking font, but for practicality it might be better to go with a clean and crisp Frutilger black or something.

Archived