My ideas for new Senators uniforms

Jaybird

Although I was the one that voted for Nationals in my poll, I have changed my mind and now I am pulling for Senators for the Washington team name should the Nation's Capital get a team.

My topic description of Something old, new, borrowed, and blue may refer to a wedding, but I'm also going to use it for my ideas for new Senators uniforms based from the 1st and 2nd Senators teams (1st-became the Twins, 2nd-became the Rangers). So here it goes:

Logo: The one that was used in the late 1950's with the Senator (or as I call him, George Washington) throwing a baseball with the Washington Monument next to him. I like it better than the 1960's-1970's logo of a pitcher throwing a baseball with the US Capitol behing him.

Main home uniform: White jerseys and pants with navy blue pinstripes and scarlet red script "SENATORS" trimmed in navy blue and white, numbers on the front of the jersey and back will be scarlet red trimmed in navy blue and white. Name on back of jerseys. Logo patch on left arm. (Inspired by the 1963-67 unis).

Main road uniform: Gray (Grey) jersey with block style "WASHINGTON" in Scarlet Red letters with Navy Blue and White Trim, numbers on front and backs of jerseys. Patch and names same as home uniform. (1950's Uniforms).

Alternate home and road uniforms: Same as above with following exceptions:

Home: will be a white vest and pants with red pinstripes and navy blue "SENATORS" in same style as home uniform, numbers on front and back of uniform, red undershirts with logo patch. Road will be gray (Grey) with block style "WASHINGTON" in Navy Blue letters with white trim. Numbers on front and back of uniform, Navy Blue undershirts with logo patch. Numbers on these will be red with blue and white trim. Another idea would be complete jerseys and not go with the vests.

Caps: will alternate with navy blue cap with red block "W" behind the US Capitol Dome, and scarlet red with blue block "W" behind the US Capitol Dome. Navy blue cap will be main home cap and Sunday road cap, Scarlet Red will be main road cap and Sunday home cap. (Logo would be based on the Senators logo used on the Topps Baseball Cards in the 1950's and 1960's).

Alternate Red and Blue Game Jerseys: Blue will have Blue Cap Logo on left chest, red numbers trimmed in white on right chest, numbers on back same as front, name on back. Red will have Red Cap Logo, Blue numbers trimmed in white on right chest and back, names on back. Both will have the Senator logo patch on left arm.

Batting Practice: Same numbering styles as Alternate Red and Blue Jerseys, but will have Pitching Senator on left chest and cap logo on left arm.

Batting Practice Caps (Should they go that far): Both will be white, one will have blue brim and button with Blue Cap Logo, other will have red brim and button with Red Cap Logo.

Another idea suggestion: on the home, road, alternate home, and alternate road jerseys, I was thinking about putting the numbers on the right arm and the Senator logo on the left arm. This is how it would go:

Home and Road: Red numbers trimmed in blue and white on right arm.

Home and Road Alternate (If I change my mind and go to jerseys instead of vests): Blue numbers with red and white trim on right arm.

Red and Blue Alternate jerseys and Batting Practice will be the same.

What do you think of my ideas, and if so, could you show me what my proposals would look like?

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Jaybird, this sounds like it could be a very nice uniform set. If I have time tonight, I will see if I can put together some mock-ups of it.

I made a Senators design myself awhile back and recently submitted it to this contest ...depending on how yours ends up looking, maybe it should be submitted too.

Jaybird, this sounds like it could be a very nice uniform set. If I have time tonight, I will see if I can put together some mock-ups of it.

I made a Senators design myself awhile back and recently submitted it to this contest ...depending on how yours ends up looking, maybe it should be submitted too.

Jonkj, thanks on helping me with my idea. You will definitely get your credit where credit is due on these jerseys.

Also, I have added another unique proposal. I thought having the jerseys done with the number on the right sleeve instead of underneath the script. I got this idea from the Philadelphia Phillies, who were their numbers on their left sleeve, and also the past uniforms of the Chicago White Sox, who had numbers on the right sleeve (1959 Go Go Sox) and the left sleeve (1971-75 White Sox) and the Detroit Tigers road uniforms of the 1960's (number on right sleeve). The numbers would be in the same style as was in the proposal. I would do this also if the Senators went with complete jerseys on the alternate home and road uniforms (Red pinstripes with "SENATORS" in script in navy blue trimmed in white and scarlet for the home, block "WASHINGTON" in navy blue trimmed in scarlet and white for the road).

So, can you also consider the number on the right sleeve/logo on the left sleeve proposal? Let me know what you think.

I was wondering if you got my post on the two numbering proposals: one with numbers on the front and the other with numbers on the right arm.

BTW, I forgot that the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team had numbers on both arms of their jerseys in 1979 and 1980.

If you get the post ready, let me know. I also like your Senator Ideas. With yours, I would make a red jersey with WASHINGTON on the front.

• 3 months later...

Archived