Interesting, NHL plans for future compensation

habsfannova

CBA arguments fell flat again today, but I've looked around on Nhl.com, and found the 5 other plans the NHL had (The first was a hard salary cap):

------------------

-A Performance-Based Salary System, in which a player's individual compensation would be based, in part, on negotiated objective criteria and, in part, on individual and team performance.

-A Payroll Range System in which teams could spend within a negotiated range of payrolls.

-A system premised on the Centralized Negotiation of Player Contracts, where the League would negotiate individual player contracts, either with players and their agents or with the Union directly.

-A Player Partnership Payroll Plan (P-4), which would involve individual player compensation being individually negotiated on the basis of "units" allocated for regular-season payrolls, supplemented by lucrative bonuses for team playoff performance.

-A Salary Slotting System, which would contemplate each team being assigned a series of "salary slots" at various levels, each of which would be allocated among each team's players pursuant to individual player-team negotiation.

-------------------

I personally like 1, 3, and 4.

-A Player Partnership Payroll Plan (P-4), which would involve individual player compensation being individually negotiated on the basis of "units" allocated for regular-season payrolls, supplemented by lucrative bonuses for team playoff performance.

I like this one the most becuase it adds significant incentives for the playoffs. Thia would help add excitement to the regular season.

Archived