Concept for the school team

Thad

NWGHS.jpg

They've had the same "Alabama" look since 1956 for the football team, and are looking to stay traditional but change the Vikings look some. I chose to keep our Michigan in black and red helmet.

With these ideas I plan to go to the AD at school to see what he thinks. (But, I'd rather get my new track first :D)

C&C please!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

not really feeling it

not to sound mean or anything, i guess what i meant to say was number one what is your school mascot? second-school colors? third-what direction did ya wanna go? we would be better able to critique the design knowing these things.

right now it kinda looks like the b*stard child of alabama, michigan and usc.

not trying to be mean or anything, but it could use a lot of cleaning up.

not to sound mean or anything, i guess what i meant to say was number one what is your school mascot? second-school colors? third-what direction did ya wanna go? we would be better able to critique the design knowing these things.

1.) The Vikings

2.) Red, White, Black

3.) I wanted to keep an old school look, while updating the look we have now.. it's kinda boring.

App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

i would try, maybe a maryland type template where it has shoulder striping. maybe do a white-black-white striping with the black being dominate. i like keeping red as the jersey color. i would update the wordmark have it say vikings. i would go with black pants for both jerseys having the striping be white-red-white with red being dominate. on the helmet i would get rid of the michigan thing, and just have your vikings logo. also have the numbers on the shoulders for both jerseys and the viking logo on the sleeves. on the white jersey i would do the striping as red-black-red.

socks i would keep red for both jerseys. also do you have a picture of the vikings logo. if you would like to update it there are amazing designers on the board who can do it. im just getting started with the in depth stuff in illustrator so im not on par with them yet, i can mainly do uniforms. once again i didnt mean to sound like an *ss or anything, and I'm here to help as is everyone else. you do have a decent start, i would try doing it in illustrator if ya have it, if not im sure one of us can vectorize it for ya.

nope - im working in paint

Our logo is the Minnesota Vikings recolored. I'll see what this looks like after work in the morning.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Redmond Rampage

Archived