Georgia Tech Adidas Concept

hailstateunis

You might have heard that Georgia Tech, one of the last remaining college football teams outfitted by Russell Athletic, will be switching to Adidas next season. This has a potential to be a great thing for the Yellow Jackets' football uniforms, which have been Russell-ified for the past decade or so. The best of their uniforms throughout program history feature double stripes on the sleeve, so I based this concept on those. Adidas usually does good with classic looks like that, so I have hope for GT's uniforms under Adidas as long as they stick to something like this.

All of the jerseys and pants feature a double stripe with contrasting colors; there are white, navy, and gold versions of both jerseys and pants. In addition to the gold helmet, I kept the white honeycomb helmets (but removed the middle stripe); I really like the honeycomb helmets, which is probably an unpopular opinion around here. With or without honeycomb, I think that GT should always have a white helmet to wear as an alternate. You might notice that a second white jersey is paired with the white helmet; I thought it would be Adidas-like to push gold numbers for a "whiteout" look.

0q0gAWm.png

wmIM8UM.png

9fNLGYP.png

I know you have the honeycomb pattern on the helmet, but with a name like the Yellow Jackets, I think I would like to see more of that somewhere on here. And are the jerseys supposed to be gray, or is that just the template? Besides those minor criticisms, a very solid and clean concept.

XcryMwi.png

1 hour ago, HRC4 said:

I know you have the honeycomb pattern on the helmet, but with a name like the Yellow Jackets, I think I would like to see more of that somewhere on here. And are the jerseys supposed to be gray, or is that just the template? Besides those minor criticisms, a very solid and clean concept.

No gray jerseys here- if you’re referring to the white jersey, that’s just Adidas’ template. The honeycomb pattern is in the stripes if you look closely, but I didn’t want to overdo it (which they have in the past)

Archived