Olympic Basketball

the_cynic

ESPN Article

After I let some of you go off on this topic I wanted to offer a couple of my opinions on this matter. First off, Fran Fraschilla hit it right on the dot with the following quote and I strongly agree with him but I seriously doubt that even the media is willing to give up on the stupid "Dunk Theories". There's no way in hell ESPN would show clips of passes over dunks. It just shows that our whole nation is obsessed over the lamest thing's.

We have created a generation of players who value the spectacular dunk but don't know how to adequately pass, dribble, shoot or defend. Maybe my colleagues at ESPN will do their part by calling for a moratorium on all dunks this season on SportsCenter. Let's see Stuart Scott work his magic with highlights of made foul shots and two-hand chest passes. Hey, in order to get USA Basketball back on track, everyone is going to have to make a sacrifice.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

SSL, you are right. It is the NBA that is the downfall of this tyeam. They value entertainment over fundamentals, which makes NCAA hoops so appealing to a lot of fans, like myself. The NCAA plays basketball the right way. What the USA Team has to do is not stop SportsCenter, but choose the right kind of players.

Quote from Miracle:

CRAIG: You left out some of the best players.

HERB: I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones.

Well all I know is that this needs to change pretty quick or basketball will just fade out all together!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived