Cincinnati Reds Concept

floydnimrod

It' Opening Day (Night) and the Reds are good again. I've had this idea for a bit and decided to put it together yesterday.

Batesina Athletica has been all over the stadium since Cincinnati hosted the All Star Game and all over the team's social media as well. I thought it was only a matter of time before it made its way to the team's uniforms.

First I replaced the font in the logo. I dropped the drop shadow and removed any traces of black.

4ceasov.png

I've always been more of a fan of the Big Red Machine uniforms than the 1990 ones. The major difference being the stripe on the sleeve being red/white/red ('90) vs. red/white ('75)

I tried to mimic that idea here. The neck piping and pants stripes matched in 1990, but not 1975, so I took out the neck piping and replicated the sleeve stripes on the pants. I also removed the waistband stripes.

I added the new font for numbers and wordmarks, and again removed drop shadows. The alternate away uniform exists for two reasons: I'm not sure if the white stripes on the sleeve looks good on the away uniform, and I've never seen the Reds use the wishbone C on the away uniforms, so I wanted to give that a try.

jDy47vY.png

Archived