Purdue Basketball Uniform Redesign

Rygi13

Purdue confirmed on twitter that they will be getting new uniforms next season... finally.

I've never been a fan of their current uniforms and not just because I'm an Indiana fan. I've never quite understood the shorts design nor have I liked the contrasting collar, shoulder stripes, and thing text outlines. I'd like to see the men's team go in the route of the women's team with more traditional uniforms, but I have a feeling Nike will not do that. 

I came up with a few new uniforms to create a new set for the Boilermakers. The three primary uniforms feature the cowcatcher inspired wordmark emphasized with a contrasting panel. I've never been much of a fan of the cowcatcher wordmark on their current uniforms, but I think by framing it inside of  its own panel gives more intention to the shape and makes it look less out of place. The cowcatcher design is repeated on the shorts and creates an abstracted version of the traditional two color short piping.
yPmQTNn.png

The two alternates are fauxbacks. The first brings the script from the "World's largest drum" to the hardwood in the style of Purdue's uniforms from the 70's. The Black alternate is also done in the same 70's style with an arched script similar to the uniforms Illinois has worn in recent years.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

Details, Details, Details
To add some more visual flair to the uniforms I added "cowcatcher" pinstripe accents to the cowcatcher elements on the chest and shorts. I was thinking these would either be sublimated or a heat pressed material similar to the accents on the school's football uniforms. The pinstripes are also a subtle nod to the Pacers.
sqHLmKe.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

These are amazing, Rygil. I'm a big fan of using two tones and secondary accent colors like the white one on your latest image. The P logo on the pants is a nice touch as well 🔥

• Like 1