Chicago Bears "Cloud Gate" Alternate Helmet

Rygi13

Da Bears revealed their uninspired orange alternate helmets today. I played around with a few ideas to improve the helmet like adding a helmet stripe and changing the color of the wishbone C.
IryaaD2.pngKx8q96M.png
I think the stripes (borrowed from the shoulders) make the helmet a bit better, but they still feel a bit bland and the set feels too "top heavy" and has too much orange.

I wanted to take a new approach to a Bears alternate helmet, an approach inspired by the city (a trend Nike has been bringing to their other Pro leagues). The Cloud Gate, derisively lovingly referred to as "The Bean" is the focal point of Millennium Park and not too far from Solider Field. The new helmet would feature the same chrome finish as The Bean creating a helmet as striking and controversial as the statue that inspired it. The chrome domes paired with the orange uniforms and white pants creates a well balanced set that reflects (pun intended) the city that the team calls home.

I present:
The "Bean" Helmet
WqVnOTs.png
0erEGey.jpg

• Like 12

This is interesting. I think it would go over well with the home crowd (having visited Chicago and the Bean recently, I can tel you people love it). The Bears being and old franchise definitely helps, given that they've worn solid material helmets before.

• Like 1