San Jose Sharks Rebrand *Updated 9/15

Patchey13

This concept is really well done. I'm a big fan of the tan color you included, it works very well with the other colors you are using. 

My first suggestion is to make the handle end of the hockey stick look like it is coming out from the unseen side of the shark's mouth. Its current configuration looks as if it is sticking straight forward from the shark's front teeth. I also think the primary logo would benefit from having teal in the upper left corner of the triangle, similar to the other two corners (just to add some more color).

Great work overall, the logos and jerseys look fantastic.

Thanks. That's a good call on the stick handle, I'll definitely give that a try. I'll show what it looks like with the removal of the black in the top left, but the earlier iterations of the logo were exactly like that and when I compared them side by side, I think the removal made the shark sit better inside of the triangle.

I'm not sure if it comes across as well at a reduced scale, but the gold on the jerseys has a metallic texture to evoke the feeling of a bright sandy beach next to the teal. Gold has been something I though the Sharks should adopt for a decade now, and I wanted the third Jersey to feature more of the dark silver and gold, but it felt a bit too Vegas-y for me. 

I'd suggest rendering the tape on the blade of the hockey stick in a color other than white. As it stands now, the white tape gets lost in the white underbelly of the shark. I'd be interested in seeing how the dark teal found within the secondary logo would work for said purpose, as it would introduce a bit of that color into the primary logo.      

Back with a few updates. I decided against changing the stick tape from white to dark grey, but I found adding a bit more detail in the blade helps break up the block of colour and prevents it from getting lost. I also experimented with the eye, while not flipping it fully, I tweaked the shape slightly to give it some more aggression, without taking away the cold dead stare that I went for in the original shape.

I'm undecided on keeping the extra teal in the top left, and experimented with removing half of the stick. I think removing it gives a better silhouette to the logo.

Pr9hFOt.png

• Like 2

• Patchey13 changed the title to San Jose Sharks Rebrand *Updated 9/15