JM11's NFL Uniform Concept Series: DET Lions Added

JM11_Design

After seeing the Eagles' kelly green uniforms debuted last night, I decided to mock up what a two tone green set would look like for the Eagles. Using the current midnight green and the throwback Kelly green together, as well as a brighter and greener silver, I modified the current logo and former wordmark for use in my concepts. The home uniforms feature a midnight jersey with white block numbers with kelly floating outlines. A three color stripe on the sleeves with the recolored logo finish off the jersey, with the away and kelly alt following the same template. The pants have the same stripe pattern and come in white, midnight, and kelly. The combos show what I thought would look good but the helmet, jersey, pants, and socks can all be mixed and matched. 

spacer.png

C&C Appreciated!

• Like 3

I’ve decided to make this a series! I’m going to go through NFL teams in no specific order designing a complete uniform set for them.

Some rules I’ve decided:

• Each set will only be one brand identity, no throwbacks or “city” editions.
  • I’m sticking with current NFL rules, so 2 helmet options and NFL collar logo.
  • 5 uniforms each, with a main home and away set, with 3 alts

I have no limits or minimum of changes I plan to make to each, just gonna play around and see what I can make. 

That said next up is the Atlanta Falcons! I reduced the color scheme to just black, red, and white, and went with a black home jersey and helmet. I tried to make something more unique than their current throwbacks, so I added a wing pattern on the shoulder, and a bold number font, but I kept the traditional stripe pattern on the helmet, pants, and socks. The main home combo is B/B/R/B and away is B/W/R/W, with red, black, and white outs for the alts. 

spacer.png

As always, C&C appreciated, and let me know if there's a team you want done next!

• JM11_Design changed the title to NFL Uniform Concepts: ATL Falcons Added

Next is the Detroit Lions! I kept the logo the same, and returned to their old word mark, but flattened the L to fit the rest of the letters. The uniforms feature the Lions traditional silver helmet, a blue and white jersey, with one color numbers styled like the workmark. The accents on the sleeves are very similar to the current uniforms, and I did create a third silver jersey very similar to the current color rush grey’s, as the NFL likes to have 3 jersey colors for fans to buy.

spacer.png

As always, C&C appreciated! I've got a few more done, so you should be seeing those soon!

• JM11_Design changed the title to JM11's NFL Uniform Concept Series: DET Lions Added