Cricket Logo Concepts - T20 World Cup USA and West Indies 2024

Exceed_Idiot

Logo 1: ICC T20 World Cup West Indies and USA 2024

I did always think this would be the first logo I'd make but this happened way sooner than I thought.

Context:

T20 is the shortest format of cricket with 20 over innings. There are 6 times to bowl (crickets equivalent to a pitch) in an over and each team has 1 inning each. After each over, bowlers change. The batting team has 10 wickets (strike outs essentially except there is no strikes preceding it). Cricket has 2 more formats but I'll get into that when its time for those World Cup logos.

2 days ago , The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced a new brand identity for the T20 World Cup.fx69NYA.jpg3GSQKnb.jpg

The design turns the word T20 into a bat and simultaneously the seam of the cricket ball while the zig-zags are meant to symbolise excitement whilst also forming the ball shape. The interesting thing to me is the fact the logo is to be modified for each tournament. Those aren't currently released but the 2024 Men's edition is supposed to have Stripes for the U.S. and a Palm tree pattern for the West Indies. 

So I made my version of that idea:

9gdxMmh.jpg

For this logo:

• I've changed the tournament name from T20 World Cup back to World Twenty20 as fans didn't like the name change.
  • Stripes for the USA.
  • Divided the stripes section into 3 to symbolise the 3 venues the U.S. will contribute (Florida, New York, Texas).
  • 9 stripes as this is the 9th edition of the tournament.
  • Palm Tree for the West Indies
  • 4 leaves on the palm tree represent the 4 venues the West Indies will contribute (Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago).
  • Carried over the T20 bat from the main brand identity.
  • Maroon for the West Indies, Red for the USA and a shade of blue that is between the shades used on the US flag and the West Indies Flag.
  • A more Circular shape to show off the ball shape more

Since I am neither American nor Caribbean, let me know what you think.