DCarp1231’s Best & Worst Matchups of NFL Week 13

Still playing catch up. Wanted to get it out sooner, but couldn’t find the time. This list may ruffle some feathers.

Best

Seahawks @ Cowboys

Is it a lot of blue and silver? Sure. Do I love the Seattle throwbacks? Hell yeah I do.

spacer.png

Panthers @ Buccaneers

It’s always a joy when Carolina wears blue. Great looking deal here.

GAdh_aOXgAEO_xf?format=jpg&name=large

Dolphins @ Commanders

Washington in all burgundy and Miami wearing all aqua below the waist worked well off each other.

spacer.png

Honorable Mention

Cardinals @ Steelers

Arizona’s new uniforms continue to be one of the best new additions. I just wish they’d learn how to wear anything  red on the road.

spacer.png

Worst

Jaguars @ Bengals

What the :censored: am I suppose to even say? Where the hell do I even begin? Avoiding teal and orange is an absolute disgrace. Throw those awful white helmets in a dumpster, light it on fire, and shoot it at light speed into the sun.

spacer.png

Lions @ Saints

Why can’t we have nice things? Where’s the silver and gold? Hell I’ll take Detroit’s blue pants over this puke fest.

spacer.png

Broncos @ Texans

Too much navy blue and white. Not enough warm colors. Shameful.

spacer.png

Wild Card

Chargers @ Patriots

This is a fine matchup. Just would’ve preferred LA in yellow pants.

spacer.png

Have at it folks!

• WOAH 1

No offense dude, you went 0 for 3 on the best matchups. There's no way mono-blue and mono-burgundy are part of two of the best matchups of the week. In fact, that Commanders uniform is one of the ugliest I've seen (it's still miles better than the BFBS alternate, but that's not saying much).

I'd personally choose

1. Chiefs/Packers

spacer.png

2. Chargers/Patriots

spacer.png

3. Browns/Rams

spacer.png

You nailed the three worst. 

HM? I'd put Cowboys/Seahawks. They're both good looks, but together it just creates a blue and silver overload. You penalized Packers/Steelers for not having enough contrast earlier this season, Cowboys/Seahawks are in the same boat.

I don't even know how the wild card spot works so I won't comment on that.

I enjoy your weekly lists, I just completely disagree with this one. Thanks for keeping it up!

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, ruttep said:

No offense dude, you went 0 for 3 on the best matchups. There's no way mono-blue and mono-burgundy are part of two of the best matchups of the week. In fact, that Commanders uniform is one of the ugliest I've seen (it's still miles better than the BFBS alternate, but that's not saying much).

I'd personally choose

1. Chiefs/Packers

spacer.png

2. Chargers/Patriots

spacer.png

3. Browns/Rams

spacer.png

You nailed the three worst. 

HM? I'd put Cowboys/Seahawks. They're both good looks, but together it just creates a blue and silver overload. You penalized Packers/Steelers for not having enough contrast earlier this season, Cowboys/Seahawks are in the same boat.

I don't even know how the wild card spot works so I won't comment on that.

I enjoy your weekly lists, I just completely disagree with this one. Thanks for keeping it up!

I understand wanting KC-GB on the best, but I did specify early in the season that just because teams have traditional uniforms, it doesn’t mean they’ll make it on either  list. I’m just not a huge fan of KC’s all white either. I’m also not a fan of Green Bay’s duds, but I do like them more than Pittsburgh’s.

For Browns-Rams, I would’ve like to have seen Cleveland in orange pants and LA in yellow pants. Not a bad look from either team, but definitely middle of the pack.

The Seahawks green helps a bunch, FWIW.

Wild Card is essentially “one overall change could be made to make a ‘meh’ matchup better”

It’s absolutely fair to disagree on this one. I knew I’d catch some worthy flack. It’s a tall task to take over these lists.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I understand wanting KC-GB on the best, but I did specify early in the season that just because teams have traditional uniforms, it doesn’t mean they’ll make it on either  list. I’m just not a huge fan of KC’s all white either. I’m also not a fan of Green Bay’s duds, but I do like them more than Pittsburgh’s.

For Browns-Rams, I would’ve like to have seen Cleveland in orange pants and LA in yellow pants. Not a bad look from either team, but definitely middle of the pack.

The Seahawks green helps a bunch, FWIW.

Wild Card is essentially “one overall change could be made to make a ‘meh’ matchup better”

It’s absolutely fair to disagree on this one. I knew I’d catch some worthy flack. It’s a tall task to take over these lists.

Yeah I think this is just a case of simply having differing opinions. I think the Packers have one of the best uniforms in football, and I loved how it looked against the Chiefs in white on white, sorta throwing back to Super Bowl I. 

For Rams/Browns being in my top three, that was more a product of this not being that great-looking of a week. A lot of mono-looks out there, which for me means automatic consideration for the "worst" list. I do absolutely think that Rams/Browns fits in your definition of wild card: Rams in yellow pants would have made this an elite matchup.

• Like 1