NHL x NFL Crossover Series (Atlanta Thrashers now up)

Woodsman

I've posted concepts on here only one other time and that was like 10 years ago and they were...uhh...less than good lol. I've finally upgraded some things and have some concepts that I think are no longer "less than good".

I've always loved crossover concepts. The idea of seeing how branding, striping, and color schemes work across different sports is fun. With football and hockey being my two favorite sports I decided to start with a NHL to NFL crossover series. Each team will have 4 different uniforms, a home, away and two alts. I really tried to stay true to each teams actual uniforms that they wore. The alts are usually pulled from some past jerseys, be it a winter classic, stadium series, or just a vintage jersey. Only on rare occasions did I actually not use some sort of reference. 

Anaheim Ducks

For the home and away set I tried to show the curved striping on the sleeves. I used that same striping patter but as a vertical stripe on the pants. For the alts I just went with a home and away version of their original look again mimicking the slanted striping on the sleeves and copying that pattern on the pants. Here is were you'll notice a trend of logos being flipped to make them make sense on a football helmet. Its a really strange thing to see some of these classic NHL logos flipped and facing the wrong way but while I tried to stay very true to the original hockey uniforms I also tried to make them somewhat realistic football uniforms.
aCAT1hf.png

HHcvZND.png

• Like 4

I guess this is now, sadly, the first of the "defunct" teams that I completed.

Arizona Coyotes

Thankfully we got to see the Coyotes bring back the kachinas full time before they moved to Utah. I recreated the kachina pattern on the sleeves and fit their secondary logo on the sleeve as well. I tried to mimic that striping on the pants but it just didnt transfer well vertically, so instead i used it as a pants cuff and added the logo on the side in an attempt to not make the pants feel too plain. For the first alternate I went with their current (read: last) alternate jersey the "desert nights" design. Again the I had the same issue with the sleeve stripes not transferring well vertically to the pants, so I left them plain. For the second alternate I used their "howling coyote" uniforms that were wore from 2015 - 2020 (and few other times after). I think this was one of the better logos for a football helmet

RMZFeHR.png

yO9VAaK.png

• Like 2

• Woodsman changed the title to NHL x NFL Crossover Series

Atlanta Thrashers

With the Thrashers using such a unique shoulder yoke on their inaugural uniforms I had to try and transfer it. I added the secondary logo on the sleeve and the hem stripe on the pants to complete the look. I chose no striping on the helmet since the uniforms are busy enough. For the first alternate I took inspiration from their 03 - 06 alternate (and eventual home) jersey. Personally I hated this asymmetrical look, but I applaud them for for trying something different. I pulled right from that jersey and have "Atlanta" down the shoulder and sleeve. I also added "Thrashers" down the left pant leg. For the second alternate I pulled inspiration from their final alternate jersey.  The thrasher head logo works really well on a helmet, large white shoulder caps mimic the hockey jersey, as does the oversized thrasher head logo on the shoulders. The pants strip is pulled from the side panels of the hockey jersey and are probably my favorite part of that set.
6lsqJjt.jpeg

z6GE4Zt.png

• Like 1

• Woodsman changed the title to NHL x NFL Crossover Series (Atlanta Thrashers now up)