Redoing the MLB Uniforms competition (Mariners & Angels)

Apoll0

Hello everyone, personally I think that MLB uniforms are in need of some redoing. I want to show some of my ideas to y'all in a fun competition way. I'm going to (try to) post a uniform each day from Monday till Friday, over the weekend I want the people to vote on what uniform set should be the top of their division, after that we'll go best of the league and then finally best in the MLB. A couple things to know:

• I don't like grey aways, I really only think grey works for the Yankee's and White Sox's, so I made all aways either white or a dark blue or black.
  • I made some of these when I was first starting out so they might look a little off, I would say please don't make my bad quality choices influence how you think about the uniform concepts
  • I will try to post daily, please forgive me if I miss a day, If I miss a day I will just do two the next day
  • If anyone wants me to make any edits or changes I will happily do so and if they look better then I'll count it in terms of the competition (with the exception of it being a major change)

With that out of the way let's begin with the AL WEST!

Since it is Wednesday, I'll do two today and two tomorrow. First up: RANGERS

Home is a classic red on blue with Texas over it

spacer.png

Away is the Rangers T on a white background, also real simple

spacer.png

The Alt is where it gets a little interesting (regardless of the fact that I did not put the player number or name on the back) I drew inspiration from the Texas flag, while also pulling some of the baby blue that I like personally.

spacer.png

C&C is much appreciated

• Like 2

It only feels appropriate make the other half of todays double header to be the Astros

I went with a modern take on the 70s and 80s look for the whole thing, here's the home

spacer.png

Here's the away on white

spacer.png
And heres the classic alternate that I decided to mix up because I felt like it

spacer.png

Again C&C are appreciated

• Like 2

• Apoll0 changed the title to Redoing the MLB Uniforms competition (Rangers & Astros)

Part one of todays double header is the Mariners:

For a Mariners I made a mix of a classic design with the more modern colors.

Home is blue on green with the 80s text and 70s hat logo. (can you tell I like classic uniforms more)

spacer.png

For the Away I just inverted the colors on the top

spacer.png

For the alternate I reversed what I had been doing and put throwback colors on the newer logo, I honestly think that this is the best one 

spacer.png

As always C&C are appreciated

• Like 1

Alright a few things:

Red pants in the Away for the Rangers?

The alt for the rangers is a little too Texasy, perhaps impose the Texas flag colors on the Rangers logo and have it be a baby blue jersey with navy and white shoulders and red trim.

Also for Houston’s alt, the Astros text is a bit too small. Perhaps put the numbers in the Star?

Green pants for Seattle’s away is a bit odd as well.. and why are the numbers so small there?

It is a work in progress however, there are ideas there

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

2 hours ago, Blindsay said:

The alt for the rangers is a little too Texasy, perhaps impose the Texas flag colors on the Rangers logo and have it be a baby blue jersey with navy and white shoulders and red trim

Here's the Rangers Improved Alternate, I thought navy and white shoulders looked a little weird so I just stuck with navy

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Red pants in the Away for the Rangers?

Here's a blue pants version

spacer.png

Also the second half of the double header is The Los Angeles Angels which I based more off of the city connect (one of the few good ones)

For some reason  I wanted to keep the Angels as old school and minimal as possible (thiner name, no logo on the hat)

Here's the Home

spacer.png

Here's the Away which I kept a more cream color instead of white

spacer.png

I haven't made an alternate that I really like yet, so I declined to post one. If anyone has any ideas let me know

• Like 1

• Apoll0 changed the title to Redoing the MLB Uniforms competition (Mariners & Angels)

The Mariners should have dumped their cream uniform IRL ages ago, and those should have been on the chopping block instead of their road greys under the 4+1 rule. Not only were the Mariners generally awful in blue and gold playing in the Down in a Hole dome, the Pilots were wretched in a stadium that was literally sick. Also the current Mariners logos were designed with navy, teal and silver as the colours, and they look off when that scheme is changed to blue and gold. Conversely, the old logos look off when the current teal and navy is applied to them, neither set works when the colours are switched.

The Angels road (which should really be the home) looks pretty good with the constrasting cuffs and headspoon. The cap needs a logo though.