Ole Miss Football Uniform Proposals

Jaybird

Ole Miss has hired Southern California assistant coach Ed Orgeron to become the football coach for the Rebels, who fired David Cutcliffe.

What I wish Ole Miss could do would tweak their football uniforms somewhat. Here are my descriptions of what I would do with Ole Miss' football uniforms (you can also draw the uniforms if you like after I make my descriptions):

Helmets: I would keep the Ole Miss script (I would rather have the Colonel Rebel but with the backlash, I will stick with the script) and the red stripe, however, I would lighten the blue similar to what the Rebels wore when John Vaught coached them or a light blue when Billy Brewer was the coach.

Facemasks: I could keep the navy blue masks, but if the royal blue was used for the helmets, I could use the red, or if light blue was used, go with gray (grey) masks.

Jerseys: I would go back to the following styles:

Home- Navy Blue with White Numbers and Red with White Numbers (the numbers would not have the alternate colors [colours] as the number or stripe trim and no shadow numbers).

Road- White with Red Numbers (which was more common in the early days) and White with Navy Blue Numbers (which was rare but were used in the 1983 Independence Bowl).

Pants: Gray [Grey] with one blue and one red stripe on each leg (for an idea look at the pant stripes for the Montreal Expos uniforms of the early 1980's).

What do you think?

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Personally, as much as I hate the organization of idiots in Oxford, Mississippi known as Ole Miss, I love their uniforms... BUT your ideas are a tad interesting... I remember when they had those light blue helmets, they reminded me of Richard Petty's STP car :D

But what about the striping? Would you keep the double shoulder stripes???

Personally, as much as I hate the organization of idiots in Oxford, Mississippi known as Ole Miss, I love their uniforms... BUT your ideas are a tad interesting... I remember when they had those light blue helmets, they reminded me of Richard Petty's STP car :D

But what about the striping? Would you keep the double shoulder stripes???

I would definitely keep the double stripes on the shoulder like LSU and UCLA has instead of the ill-fated stripes around the arm. I would add smaller numbers on the arms although I think the Ole Miss football uniform never had them in the glory days.

agreed on hating ole miss, disagreed on liking their unis. since when is the name of the school in cursive a logo? why do they have grey pants? is gray anywhere else in the uniform?

Ole Miss uses gray (gray) for their pants as a link to their nickname of the Rebels. The Rebels were what the Confederate soldiers were called during the Civil War, and a bunch of University of Mississippi students who fought for the Confederacy and lost their lives in the Civil War were known as the University Grays, thus the gray uniform pants.

Archived