Sports Video Games

youcan'tseeme

Anyone remember Baseball Stars on the original Nintendo? Sophomore year in college I beat my friend 20-19 with an 11-run ninth inning.

the most fun, though, was junior year, NHL 95 for Sega. My friend and I take the Flyers (him) and Leafs (me) throught the lockout shortened 48 game season. (Remember the Leafs were a Western conference team at the time) We meet twice in the regular season; I get killed both times. We meet up in the finals. Game 1 goes to Philly by a 6-1 count. The next four games all go to OT, with game 5 being won by the ever-dangerous Mike Ridley breaking into the Flyer zone with defenders draped all over him and firing in the cup-winner. To this day a well-timed shout of "Mike Ridely, baby!" will set my friend off.

NHL 2003 for the XBox:

I was playing Senators against my flatmate Moray who played the Flames. The 1st period was scoreless but in early in the second Moray ended up with two goals. By the middle of the 3rd period the score was 4-0 for Calgary. In the final 5 minutes of the game I tied the score up. In overtime (sudden death) I scored about 12 seconds or so into the period. Final score was Calgary 4 - Ottawa 5.

Moray was pissed! :D

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Archived