St George-Illawarra Dragons Hockey Crossover

Kit

I'm not sure how many people here have heard of the NRL, Australia's National Rugby League, but I'm a big fan of the sport.

My team is the St George-Illawarra Dragons (that's a merger between St George and Illawarra), and I thought I'd have a go at converting the jerseys to the Hockey style.

Note, I wasn't exactly trying to update the design or make the jerseys comply to the hockey conventions like putting the shoulder patches on or using some existing style - I was merely trying to adapt the current jerseys so they fit on a hockey jersey template (and look 'right', particularly with the logo, which in Rugby League belongs on the breast instead of large and central as in hockey), perhaps to see if I'd like to get one made as a unique way to support both my team and my favourite sport.

Note, this is my first design, not that I did much designing. I pulled the shield away from the design in the main jersey but didn't dare add some new wordmark. Both the actual jerseys are included for comparison.

Dragons-Crossover.png

Comments and criticism appreciated!

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Archived