World Series Rematch

pcgd

Alot of interesting story lines in this series (and the following one: Cards/Yankees)

Of course the World series match up.

The cardinals are something like 15-2 in interleague matchups since last season. Even with the world series they are 15-6 against the AL over the past 2 seasons.

Renteria was largely cheered in his return to Busch Stadium, a few boos but they were overshaddowed by the cheers. Well done St. Louis.

Cardinals finally score some runs on teh red sox. I was disapointed we got swept, but I was more disapointed the real cardinals didn't show up. I would have given anything to be swept but had at least played a good series.

As a former catcher, I feel awful for Jason Varitek right now. Hasn't cost them too much, but he's having a rough night catching the Knuckleball.

Morris is cruising right now, cards up 4-1.

Morris looks like the pithcer he was in '01/'02.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Pujols might win the Gold Glove this year. He's had 3 really good picks tonight alone, but he does it every night.

Renteria boots it....eckstein follows with a Triple. I could say something, but I know I was one of those wanting Edgar back last year. But, I'll just say I'm happy with how it all ended up. Forget it...I love it.

As a Sox fan, I couldn't care less about this game. I'd actually like the Cardinals to take 2 of 3, just to give the St. Louis fans a little victory over Boston. We won the World Series over them last year, the Patriots beat the Rams in 2002, they can have this one.

B)

Archived