New Orleans Saints Jersey Suggestions

tulanebc

And bring back Guido Merkins, John Fourcade, Hokie Gaijan, Bobby Hebert...

Don't forget Rich Mauti, Jim Kovach, Joe Federspiel, and Tommy Myers. What the heck, throw in Dave Whitsell, Edd Hargett, and Obert Logan while you're at it. ^_^

Don't know if anyone remembers going to old Tulane Stadium, but a couple of weeks ago there was one of those 'backpack' style Dixie beer dispensers on eBay. Boy, did THAT bring back memories. Not of drinking though, I was only 8 years old. B)

A couple of years ago on eBay, I bought one of those popcorn containers they use to have at Tulane Stadium, the ones where you could tear out the bottom when the popcorn was gone and use it as a megaphone. Ah, the good old days...

aluminum seats......50 cent beer....Joe Wendryhoski....Joe Scarpati....Jubilee Dunbar....Ernie Wheelwright....Joe Don Looney.....Bobby Dodd....Bobby Scott....Bobby Douglass.....Reuben Mayes.....Johnnie Poe.....Russell Gary.....and the Coach of the Saints.....John North!!!!!!!

(Al Hirt performing at halftime.....don't forget the ostrich races......)

And Doug Atkins. Talk about a guy you didn't want to p*** off!

Everybody stomping their feet until the whole place shook, receivers and DB's disappearing into the hedges in the end zones, the groundskeepers making up one end zone in Saints colors and the other in the visitors'...it was a great place to see a game.

In the early 70's, the Saints hosted the Jets in a preseason game, maybe around 1973, at Tulane Stadium. It poured rain the entire game, and if you've ever been in a New Orleans downpour, you know it's nothing to sit out in. The Jets hammered the Saints, winning something like 38-0. I wasn't there but I figure whoever was left at the end of THAT game can call themselves a true Saints fan.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived