Errors on Custom Jersey Question

NewYawkSeahawk

Hey,

Some of you know I had ordered a couple of jerseys through fsgear.net and was happy with the results.

On one of them, that I have no paid for, they got the body mesh color wrong and used the old Seattle Blue (like a royal) instead of the new Seahawks Blue (pacific blue).

It is a great looking jersey aside from the fact that the body mesh is inaccurate.

I was curious what some of you thought as far as how much you would be willing to pay for a jersey even though the colors were wrong.

It's not like they used the wrong team's colors like Red, so I could look at it as a vintage or something, but obviously wouldnt want to pay full price for it...

I think the price full is about $106, so I am curious what some of you would say the maximum you would pay for a jersey in this situation would be.

thanks,

Brian

Given that they created a custom jersey for you with specific instructions from you I would expect them to knock off 50%. Seriously. They did not produce what they were expected to produce. If they want to keep business flowing they need to be more on top of things for their customers. If the mistake was a small bit of detail I wouldn't say 50% but I remember the photo you sent and the color was nowhere close to what you asked them to create.

You shouldn't be put in the position to pay full price for an item that is obviously not what you asked for or expected. If nothing else, eating 50% of the price is a good lesson for them to learn. They do decent work. Not terrific in some aspects and they need to know that some of their work has been subpar. That is the only way people like us can get what we expect from a supplier.

I work for a screenprinter / embroiderer and we would have OFFERED 50% off just for good customer relations.

I hope they aren't asking you to pay in full.

Sounds like they were very fair to you then. I had a jersey done by them and was somewhat disappointed in the reproduction of the crest and shoulder patches. I continue to create logos for inor league and junior hockey clubs and I know what is possible in crest production (unfortunately we aren't equiped here at work to create the large crests) so I think my expectations were high but not unreasonable. They just need to improve on their reproduction of crests. Their jersey bodies are superb and if I had known the quality of the crests before hand I would have had them make the jersey and find someone more experienced to reproduce the crest.

Someone needs to start up a business like this but that can create professional quality embroidery and tackletwill. I'd pay for the quality but those companies who can produce that quality require minimums that I can't afford or need.

Archived