I want to make my own NFL jersey

jerseyfan

For a project, I want to try to make my own "Authentic looking" NFL jersey, but I have had no success researching what fabric, materials, and actual colors are needed. Does anyone know where to start?

I want to make TWO jerseys:

1. New Buffalo Bills Throwback in Blue

2. Buffalo Bills 1964 Throwback in White

Really, I just need a place to get the proper fabric in the correct colors.

Please help.

Eventually, I would like to turn some of my custom designs into actual concepts.

For blank Jerseys you can check here:

Sports N More

HitRunScore

Football America

All have websites and sell blank jerseys.Most carry the brand I use, "Teamwork Athletic",which makes a lot of blank NFL style jerseys.They are not very cheap,

but they are nice quality.

For tackle-twill numbering:

Liebe/Webster Fabrics

Twill USA-(where I buy mine from)

Stahls (usually requires a business account)

For striping:I've always used the t-shirt transfers made for dark shirts,and print the striping out on my laser jet printer.I use my heat press to apply the numbers are letters,and as well as the striping though I only press it down for about 2 seconds or else the fabric will "bleed" through the sleeve.

For cuffs,collars,and piping:Teamwork Athletic also sells that as well in tons of color patterns,so I buy it by the yard and then have my seamstress sew it on.

And that's another important thing you need:A very good seamstress who you trust to do quality work and will take pride in making no mistakes in sewing the numbers on.If everything else looks good and then you look at the stitching up close and it's all over the place,it ruins the whole jersey and wastes all the money you spent to bring it to life in the first place.

98Falcons.png

thanks robbman! I will check those sites out.

I would like, however, to just find somewhere to sell me the fabric and elastic. I know a very talented seamstress who would have no trouble at all doing this.

If anyone else has more info, keep it coming.

THanks again & I'll let you know if I come across any info. of use.

TwillUSA is only for the lettering/numbering of the jersey.They not only sell tackle-twill,they also carry vinyl by the yard (screen-printed style) and also flock,which is what the scripts of the Majestic brand Cooperstown Classic MLB jerseys are made of.

I once thrie to do the same thing as you:Buying the fabric and having my new seamtress sew it up.I went to Hancock Fabrics and the one here did not stock anything for athletic uniforms,however they could order me almost ANY style of mesh/durashene/dazzle cloth I needed.The only problem was that if they ordered it I would have to buy the whole 20 yard bat,which would be very costly and give me WAY more than I needed.You can get lucky though and occasionally find athletic fabrics at a fabric store or Wal-Mart,but then you have to hope they have your colors as well.

98Falcons.png

Archived