Arsenal 02/04 Jersey

amare32

I am purchasing the long-sleeved 02/04 Arsenal jersey shown below. It's the game jersey (as opposed to the replica), which features an underneath layer of mesh material that keeps the wearer cool.

1_arsenal04homels.jpg

The one shown here is for Patrick Viera, but I'm ordering it for Thierry Henry.

1_arsenal03longname.jpg

Anyway, my question is which badges should be affixed to the shoulders.

Arsenal won the league in 01/02 (wearing an earlier "Dreamcast" jersey) and in 03/04 (wearing the jersey I'm buying).

As I understand it, they wore "Premiership Champions" patches on the jersey I'm buying during the 02/03 season, celebrating their title from the season before.

My question is this -- exactly which patch did they wear during the 02/03 season?

From the Viera jersey picture, it looks like this one, which has the 02/03 dates, but might indicate that they were the reigning title holders from the year before?

patchpremiergold0203.jpg

If someone can confirm and/or find me a good picture of the patches they wore in 02/03, I would be most grateful. Thanks!

In both the pictures (Viera & Henry) showing the "Champions" patched affixed to the jersey, it looks like there is some green detailing on the bottom of the patch.

I found this on eBay, which seems to confirm that (i) the patch had green detailing; and (ii) the patch read "Champions 2001-2002."

If anyone has personal knowledge and can confirm this, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I am gonna place the order and ask for the "Champions 2001-2002" patch. For the price I'm paying for a double-layered "game" jersey, I sure hope that it's correct!

Cheers.

Archived