ATL Hawks Concept

Conns09

Basketball jerseys need wordmarks. Logo's on the front do not work.

The home and aways should be mirror images of eachother (fonts,striping,etc.).

The number font is way too big. It should be smaller on the front then on the back.

The striping should be consistant the whole way down the side of the jersey.

The shorts need logos, they are too plain looking.

The court is decent, but why is the center logo not centered?

Bumping a thread 20 minutes after its posted is not needed, especially on this board.

Untitled-1.png

For the future: bumping a thread is to throw in an essentially empty post with the intent of bumping the desired thread back up to the top of the list on the first page so that it'll be seen first, thus increasing your chances of getting a response.

That said, nineteen minutes? Be patient, young one. They'll find you.

As for the concept: I know it's your first, so I will try and be gentle. These aren't working for me, at all.

FONTS: A mishmash of Carolina Hurricanes, LA Kings and Buffalo Sabres (court endlines). These fonts all have connections to teams already. And using 3 different teams' identities muddies the uniformity of your concept. One team, one look, one font. Especially when the Hawks have had a great font (and ones similar to it) since the Spud Webb/'Nique Wilkins Era.

COLORS: Red/white/blue? Why? There are already enough teams that wear these colors. You can do more than enough with red/gold +/- white +/- black. The Hawks last had red/white/powder blue in St. Louis. It's been long enough. Go a different way.

STRIPES: Again, you cannot spell "uniformity" without uniform. Keep that in mind. Your red set has a middle stripe on the shorts that is the same color as the body of the jersey. Since the other sets use a middle stripe color that is the same as the number outline, this stripe should be white. And why single stripes on the jerseys of the white and navy sets, but triple stripes on the shorts? They look like they don't belong together. Also: why do the stripes abruptly end well before the hem of the shorts?

NUMBERS: WAY too big. And inconsistent.

WORDMARK: Incomplete due to lack of wordmark. The logo idea didn't work for the Raptors and Rockets with their large logos; this small logo surely isn't going to work either.

Valiant first effort, but I am going to have to pass on these.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived