WORLD BOWL XIV LOGO

psilcosyn2

The brown ball looks like a cereal bowl. Maybe they are more creative than we think...nah! Oh and I googled Yello Strom and I don't speak German but it looks like a phone company, electric company and ISP. That's just based on the icons though. Google translated it from German to...German.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

For the non-German speakers out there, the YelloStrom thing's even weirder if you know what they're saying.

First off: strom = "stream" or "current" (thus... Yellow Stream is possible. Go ahead, I thought it too.  )

Advertisement: yellow rollerblading pig/piggy bank skates up and smacks against a pane of glass.

"The stream can't come any closer to you."

"YelloStrom.  Yellow.  Good.  Convenient."

Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance... :boogie:

I hate quoting myself, but I posted this earlier in the thread. All the answers ye seek are contained therein...

The yellow thing is a pig, representing a piggy bank. (?) I don't get that reference at all - maybe a stream of savings? Wacky German humor gets lost in translation.

EDIT: jpegregor's explanation [see below] is far better than mine. And my German is rusty. Thanks for the help. (Or "Danke" as the case may be...)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

guys,

i really had to laugh out loud a couple of times, while i was reading this thread.

just to explain the golden shower logo.

it´s a german electrictity company and strom means power (electricity).

but anyway, i liked your version too.

well... i think, from now on, yello strom advertising won't be the same for me ;-)

Archived