dirty water designs

patsox

If this is meant to be a logo or icon, it's WAY too busy and detailed. Shrink down your logo to an inch tall, for example, and you would lose most of the scenery and it will become a meaningless muddy shape.

I suggest you remove most of the buildings, or at least make the skyline itself one color with no shading. I know that "dirty water" suggests the Charles River, and I know that there are plenty of pictures of the Boston skyline over the Charles River (mostly from Cambridge) that would work better, in the sense you could simplify them but still know it's Boston. Some obvious buildings could be the Custom House, the State House rotunda, or the Prudential Building.

I'd also emphasize the "water" part of your name more by extending down the river and even typing your company name in there. Your name and initials are competing with the skyline so much they dominate the skyline. If you work on it more so that the imagery can stand by itself, you won't even need the initials. If your design ends up being vertical, type the name in the river. If it's horizontal, type the name underneath (but not in) the river.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived