MIT's New Identity

impulsive106

Is it me or does SME come across as the snob of the logo design world?  Even more snobbish

than Tom O'Grady.  Whenever I've read about them describing their own work they always use ten words when one will do.  So it goes with their work.  I think a lot of their work is overdone and overpriced.  When they try to be understated it doesn't seem to work as well.  I think Joe Bosack, Studio Simon, Silverman Group, etc., do a much better job.  A lot of other smaller firms do a better job as well.

Totally agree. They definitely come off like their :censored: doesn't stink. A lot of the talented designers that once worked there and did a majority of their good work (NYR mark, etc.) have all left. They are definitely over priced and overrated. It seems that SME and Phoenix are getting jobs through their client lists these days rather than the quality of work they are putting out for the pirce they are getting. Bosack's work is much better IMO.

Funny that you use that phrase, because judging from one of the alternate logos, the Beaver's :censored: DOES stink.

Archived