New 24-hour sports network

OMMF

The Mid-Atlantic Sports Network announced an expanded 24-hour programming lineup that will eventually feature NCAA basketball, football and lacrosse games.

Fledgling MASN, which is controlled by Baltimore Orioles owner Peter Angelos and has the rights to broadcast Washington Nationals games, until now only aired baseball games. The network had been racing to meet a July 31 deadline set by its contract with DirecTV mandating that the channel carry 24-hour programming.

Beginning this season, MASN will air 50 NCAA Division I football games. The network also has plans to air more than 100 NCAA Division I basketball games, including six Georgetown University games and four West Virginia University games. Next spring, the network will air several NCAA Division I lacrosse games as well as the 2007 NCAA men's lacrosse quarterfinals.

MASN also announced that it is the official cable sports network of the Baltimore Ravens and will carry the team's four preseason games beginning this month.

The 24-hour programming comes as MASN continues its battle to force Comcast to carry the network. The Federal Communications Commission on Monday ruled that the two sides must settle the dispute either through arbitration or an administrative law judge, who would then have to recommend a remedy to the commission.

The Mid-Atlantic Sports Network announced an expanded 24-hour programming lineup that will eventually feature NCAA basketball, football and lacrosse games.

Fledgling MASN, which is controlled by Baltimore Orioles owner Peter Angelos and has the rights to broadcast Washington Nationals games, until now only aired baseball games. The network had been racing to meet a July 31 deadline set by its contract with DirecTV mandating that the channel carry 24-hour programming.

Beginning this season, MASN will air 50 NCAA Division I football games. The network also has plans to air more than 100 NCAA Division I basketball games, including six Georgetown University games and four West Virginia University games. Next spring, the network will air several NCAA Division I lacrosse games as well as the 2007 NCAA men's lacrosse quarterfinals.

MASN also announced that it is the official cable sports network of the Baltimore Ravens and will carry the team's four preseason games beginning this month.

The 24-hour programming comes as MASN continues its battle to force Comcast to carry the network. The Federal Communications Commission on Monday ruled that the two sides must settle the dispute either through arbitration or an administrative law judge, who would then have to recommend a remedy to the commission.

Easy way to end the dispute is for OLN/VS to get the other LCS package and that is probably how this will get solved.

Archived