Contrast

Blue Falcon

The Saints, in my opinion, probably wore all black so as not to have their version of gold pants clash with the Niners gold pants. Same reason why the Giants seem to always wear red against the Cowboys. Contrast. The Falcons do this also, with the exception of the Saints game they played last year and this year, they pick the alternate days for teams that black would contrast well against. (written by Returntoglory16)

Good point, and one I wish NFL teams understood a bit more! Case in point: the Broncos-Chargers game a few weeks ago had WAY too much navy blue :blink: ...the Doncos should have worn white pants or the orange jersey. I don't know about most folks, but I would want my team to look quite different from the other team.

This is not just for looks, but for practicality. A QB could easily get confused by similar colors, and an RB could accidentally think an opposing player is one of his own blockers for a split second...long enough to get stuffed for a loss instead of a 5-yard gain.

This goes for teams like the Colts who always wear white...they should at least have blue pants to wear if another team they are playing has white pants.

I remember the 1991 playoff game when the Lions beat the Cowboys, and Aikman threw about 47 interceptions. The announcers mentioned not only the similarity in the helmet colors, but in the colors of the uniforms in possibly making the problem worse! (And yes, I know it's hard to believe that the Lions actually won a playoff game) :D

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived