MLB Alternate Logo Project

ltravisjr

As a Rangers fan I'm a bit disappointed with the alternate Rangers concept. A cowboy hat is too stereotypical, and while the others are a sleeker or more cooler version of the current logo it just seems like you put the T on a cowboy hat. I would much prefer something else, like a sleeker T or something involving the flag of Texas.

I can understand your concern. I think my most successful alternates are ones where I can borrow a piece of the team's existing main logo and focus on it in a unique way, or to present an effective simplified version of it. Borrowing one feather from Chief Wahoo in the Indians alternate was an example of the. However, when a team's main logo (like Texas') is already simple and iconic, it is difficult to "borrow" or simplify it further. In this case, all I could think of was to re-present the "T" and add the nostalgia of the hat, trite as it may be. Even now I still think I could have rendered the hat more dynamically, but I'm just a hack at this stuff ^_^ . However, your suggestion of incorporating the flag was a good one; I would have used that idea had I thought of it.

Thanks for providing your opinion and ideas!

LT

Archived