USA National Team - World Cup of American Football

Patriot54

Flags on the shoulders should go like this:

flagshoulders.jpg

No, actually, they would not. Even if flag etiquette isn't followed, the one thing that should never be done is to put a flag on a sports uniform like that. Canton forward is a custom that's reserved for soldiers and to put a flag like that on a sports uniform is to make a mockery of everything the military stands for.

As for soldiers getting their flag patches dirty, indeed they do. Difference is that a soldiers job is to put their lives on the line; even outside of combat, many tasks a soldier would do are inherently dangerous or life-threatening. It can't be honestly said that football players do the same.

cttdolphins2.png

Flags on the shoulders should go like this:

flagshoulders.jpg

No, actually, they would not. Even if flag etiquette isn't followed, the one thing that should never be done is to put a flag on a sports uniform like that. Canton forward is a custom that's reserved for soldiers and to put a flag like that on a sports uniform is to make a mockery of everything the military stands for.

As for soldiers getting their flag patches dirty, indeed they do. Difference is that a soldiers job is to put their lives on the line; even outside of combat, many tasks a soldier would do are inherently dangerous or life-threatening. It can't be honestly said that football players do the same.

There's no practical reason for soldiers to wear the flag either - they do it out of pride and to represent their country. So why wouldn't the same go for athletic uniforms? It's already been done anyway with flag decals on helmets and I've never heard anyone consider that desecration.

I guess it's up to each team to decide how to represent their country, and you can't make everyone happy. The way I put the patches on my concept is how I learned was the correct way, with the stars at the top left. But it will be interesting to see how they use the stars and stripes on the real uniforms, if they use them at all.

Thanks again everyone for the input - it has been helpful.....and educational :flagusa:

Archived