Ryander Cup Pirates

Clark

Been reading this forum for a while now but haven't really posted anything.

Anyway, I thought that I would post up a concept which I done for my boss. He runs a golf tournament annually and his team is named 'The Pirates'. For the last few years he had been using the Orlando Pirates Football Club logo with the word Orlando taken off it but for this year he asked me to do something a little more individual with it.

Here is my concept...

pirates_preview.gif

What do you all think??

Clark

prospects.png

vets.png

I think it looks good. Personally, I'm not sure about the shield. It just doesn't fit the pirate motif in my opinion.

What about having crossing golf clubs instead of crossing bones? It's cliche but someone needs to say it.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I think it looks good. Personally, I'm not sure about the shield. It just doesn't fit the pirate motif in my opinion.

What about having crossing golf clubs instead of crossing bones? It's cliche but someone needs to say it.

Its actually a good idea. Not original and kind of obvious but thats not a bad thing

sigen.jpg

Added some golf clubs...

pirates.jpg

I did contemplate removing the shield but I felt that it would be better to keep it there to help bridge the gap from the old logo to the new.

Must say I am pretty happy with this now, a few tweeks here and there to smooth it out and I think its finished.

prospects.png

vets.png

I'm glad you only took half of my advice. Since you added the crossing clubs the shield looks like it belongs now. That looks excellent and worthy of putting on team polo shirts.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived