Mets New Hitting Coach

NJTank

This is not a shock as bad as the Mets have been hitting late with Rick Down, but taking his place is none other then Rickey Henderson its sure to be an interesting experiment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2933539

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It took a long time, huh? (Pause for cheers). First of all, I would like to thank God for giving me the opportunity. I want to thank the Wilpon family, the Mets organization, the city of New York, and all you beautiful fans for supporting me. (Pauses for cheers). Most of all, I'd like to thank my mom, my friends, and loved ones for their support. I want to give my appreciation to Omar Manaya and Willie Randolph. Willie Randolph is a great manager. He is a great friend to me. I love you, Willie. I am glad you are here. (Pauses for cheers). Rick Down was the symbol of great hitting coaching. But today, I'm the greatest of all time. Thank you.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

My question: If we replaced Julio Franco with him, would anyone notice?

I just don't know how I feel about it. He IS the guy who was playing cards in the clubhouse w/ Bonilla during Game 6 of the '99 NLCS...

I know that was 8 years ago, and was never 100% confirmed, but still...

But from a purely coaching standpoint, I like the move. And now the buzz is that he may not be the new hitting coach, it could be HoJo. If Rickey is NOT the hitting coach and HoJo is, Rickey'll be at first...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived