Ted Ginn's Facemask

DenverJ

I can't see wearing a mask like Ginn's that looks like it would accommodate a defender's forearm quite nicely. That was my issue with Scott "Chin Mask" Player. He might as well have worn a sign saying, "Please hit me in the face!"

newpunter.JPG

HAHAHAHA...classic pic, I love the look on his face in that picture. Maybe that is the reason to wear a bigger facemask?!

"Roll Along"

I can't see wearing a mask like Ginn's that looks like it would accommodate a defender's forearm quite nicely. That was my issue with Scott "Chin Mask" Player. He might as well have worn a sign saying, "Please hit me in the face!"

newpunter.JPG

Not only is Scott Player the last guy allowed to wear a single bar, but he doesn't even have it completely attached to the helmet - I've seen film of him pull it up a bit after he kicks and the return is underway. If you're not familiar with the old Riddell plastic facemasks, they attach in two points - the chinstrap snap and another screw behind the chinstrap snap that holds it in place. Player doesn't use the second screw and has worked the mask loose enough to move it around.

A Riddell single-bar from HelmetHut:

RI210.JPG

Archived