Not Retired but Not Forgotten

JamieRose

Any real red sox fan should appreciate this..

unretirednuimbers.png

it represents three of the red sox greats and fan favorites who never met the full requirements to get their number retired (better luck next year Jim...)

i only did players who retired, so no clemens, pedro, or nomar.

# 6, Johnny Pesky. Has served the Red Sox for over 50 years as a player, coach, and manager. He's 88 years old, but still suits up for every Red Sox game. "Pesky's Pole" in Fenway's right field is named after him.

# 14, Jim Rice. He played his entire 16-year career for the Sox, and has fallen just short of being inducted into the hall of fame for the past 14 years. He will be on the ballot for the last time next year, and the HOF is the only thing keeping his number off the wall at Fenway.

# 25, Tony Conigliaro. This guy just had plain bad luck. He started his career as a rookie batting .290 with 24 HR and 52 RBI in 111 games, but broke his arm in august, letting Tony Oliva get ahead of him in stats and the AL Rookie OTY race. He bacame the youngest player to reach 100 career homers at the age of 22. In 1967, in Fenway Park, he was hit by a pitch in the face by an Angels pitcher and sustained extensive facial injuries. He came back a year and a half later to win the comeback player OTY award. He tried to play for a few more years, but his worsening eyesight forced him to retire in 1975. In 1986 he suffered a heart attack, which led to a stroke, which lead to a coma, leaving him in a vegatative state until he died in 1990. His number isl worn today by third baseman Mike Lowell.

Most of this info was paraphrased from Wikipedia.

anyway, tell me what you think of the sig, i was going for simplicity for this one.

TDZiMMB.png

That's great, man. All three of those guys are so deserving, the Sox shuold change their stupid rules so retire those numbers immediately. Great job remembering them.

My only complaints are that the circles look a little choppy and Rice's number is a little off-center.

If you fix it, well.. I might just have to wear this if that's alright.

Archived