My orphaned fantasy concept, now up for adoption

Viper

For those two or three of you who've wondered when I was going to get around to completing my Vancouver Vendetta concept, well, here's your answer.

First, some background. The Vancouver Vendetta are my fantasy NLL (box lacrosse) team on NLL.com. They began life as the La Crosse (Wisconsin) Steamrunners - a cool name taken from the Star Trek universe and one that conjures up an image of a fast riverboat, but I could never quite come up with a satisfactory primary logo. However I had another concept in mind, a Guy Fawkes logo inspired by the graphic novel/movie V for Vendetta. So I created that logo, moved my team to Vancouver and rechristened them the Vendetta. However my attempts at developing that team identity further have also been less than satisfying, especially the secondary logo which is in my sig (the Guy Fawkes primary doesn't look very good when shrunken down, another reason why I soured on this concept).

Meanwhile I had yet another concept in mind, an Atlanta-based team called the Georgia Gladiators. (I'm amazed that no real NLL or MLL team already uses the Gladiators nickname, which I've always thought is perfect for a lacrosse team.) This was before I realized that the nickname was already being used by an Atlanta-area minor-league hockey club. But with the Vendetta concept hitting a dead end (not to mention the team itself struggling in my fantasy league), I've decided to rebrand the team yet again for 2009 as the GladiatorsBattle Axe, and move them not to Atlanta, but back to La Crosse.

I already have primary and secondary logo concepts in mind for the La Crosse GladiatorsBattle Axe, and a color scheme (Packers green, burgundy and pewterblack, Coulee crimson, pewter and Vegas gold). I'll begin developing them in earnest in the coming weeks/months (and for those of you in the ULL this is a heads-up that I'll be applying for league membership in '09 with this team identity), but meanwhile here, at long last, is the primary logo I developed for the soon-to-be-history Vancouver Vendetta:

vendettaprimarypn1.png

Since this is a lame-duck logo anyway, I'm not looking for C & C here. However, if you would like to take this concept and run with it for your own fantasy team in whatever sport, consider this an open invitation to do so.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived