EDIT: Another Phillies concept

PhillyPhan

So the last couple of days I have noticed quite a few Phillies concepts and a lot of them are using the retro colors. I figured I'd throw in my concept that I came up with awhile ago but didn't post cause I wasn't sure how it would be received. I really like the way the logos came out, but still not sure about the jersey...its a bit extreme. But if the logos are well received I already have some other jersey ideas in mind.

I still use paint, cause I'm still learning illustrator. C & C is appreciated...be kind, but honest. Thanks.

*I made some small adjustments to the baby blue and added a maroon jersey. What do you think about the chest logo on the maroon jersey, should the bell be white with blue P or blue bell with white P?

9.jpg

alt5-1.jpgalt6.jpg

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

Well first, I want to encourage you to always post your hard work even if you think the few jerks on here will have a field day with it. There are some of us that will give you the constructive criticism you need to improve your work.

Now on to the concept. I like the fact that more and more people are going to the old school colors of the Phillies the way I did when I posted my concept. If you are going to go with a white colored bell, try putting a maroon outline to bring it out more. On the patch, I would shrink the 'P' a bit to make it co-exist with the crack in the bell without them touching. I tried this once and it was received well. The blue is too bright, but if it was lightened a bit it would look better. Or you can just go the other way with it and do a maroon jersey and blue bell on the chest. I hope this helps.

Archived