Reviving the ABA

Turkleton

Number 5 in the series...

I decided to use the '71 to '74 logo for the inspiration here, sticking with the purple, yellow & white colour scheme, including the mountains in the logo etc...

All the logos are pretty self explainatory. I did, at first, go with something totally different. The first draft was a red 1960's era truck, and the colours were to be red, white & black. The owner of the team named the Rockets after the "Ringsby Rocket Trucking System" his trucking firm used, so I was going to go with the truck idea. However, this just looked all wrong, so I went for an actual rocket (which I hope looks as far away from a sex toy as possible...)

The uniforms in my Dalla Chaparrals concept were not that well recieved, I think being too "out there" was mentioned, and fairly so. So for the Rockets, I tried to give it a more traditional design, which I hope has worked, because I also wanted to keep that creative feel.

I've kinda rambled through this explaination due to being really tired, so I shall wrap it up now. Hope you like.

Next concept - Houston Mavericks

Turk

denverrocketsfg1.png

sigen.jpg

Number 5 in the series...

I decided to use the '71 to '74 logo for the inspiration here, sticking with the purple, yellow & white colour scheme, including the mountains in the logo etc...

All the logos are pretty self explainatory. I did, at first, go with something totally different. The first draft was a red 1960's era truck, and the colours were to be red, white & black. The owner of the team named the Rockets after the "Ringsby Rocket Trucking System" his trucking firm used, so I was going to go with the truck idea. However, this just looked all wrong, so I went for an actual rocket (which I hope looks as far away from a sex toy as possible...)

The uniforms in my Dalla Chaparrals concept were not that well recieved, I think being too "out there" was mentioned, and fairly so. So for the Rockets, I tried to give it a more traditional design, which I hope has worked, because I also wanted to keep that creative feel.

I've kinda rambled through this explaination due to being really tired, so I shall wrap it up now. Hope you like.

Next concept - Houston Mavericks

Turk

denverrocketsfg1.png

Your logos for the Rockets are the best you've done so far. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the uniforms. The lettering and numbers look too juvenile for a professional sports team. And did you know that the Denver Rockets' colors for their first season of 1967-68 were Black & Orange? Give those colors a try. I'm probably one of the only people on this board who actually remembers when the American Football League, the real ABA, the WHA, the WFL, the USFL, the NASL and the USA (United Soccer Association) were formed and ultimately folded or had some teams absorbed by existing leagues. God, I'm old!

Archived