The Brewers use my graphic

Gothamite

While I hate them as primaries, I love mascot caps as alternates. If the Cardinals can wear this:

pMLB2-1484909t130.gif

then surely the Brewers can wear this with their alt blues:

2692266907_01b011d9b5_o.jpg

Add the Braves tomahawk alt caps to the list. That Brewers cap would be freakin' awesome, especially if it replaces the ball-in-glove alternate. (The author ducks.)

I've been working for like a year to create alternate mascot cap concepts for the Nats, using each of the Racing Presidents. It would be the perfect way for the Lerners to phase out the DC caps, and possibly add a road alternate too. This kind of thing is what "alternate" uniforms should be about, not just wearing a solid-color jersey instead of white.

Well, I've always preferred the Beer Barrel Man to the Glove (I'm probably the only kid who brought a BBM pennant to County Stadium during the 82 season), but I have to admit that market forces means that logo won't ever retire again. Best I can hope is that they add the BBM to the current scheme as an alt.

If you want to do something with the Nationals, I'd suggest along the lines of this patch, from the contest Paul Lukas ran back before they unveiled their identity:

uni_monuments.jpg

Man oh man, I love that thing. Sheer brilliance.

Put the newest Mr. Red on a solid red cap, or at least on the front of their red alt unis, and that would be another cool Sunday change.

Count me in with Beer Barrel Man. While I grew up in the era of the Ball-in-Glove and still like it, I don't feel anything with the Brewers' current look. I don't really dislike them, but I don't care about them either. This would be more fun, as well as relevant for the Brewers' name.

Same with the Swingin' Friar. I still wish the Pads were wearing brown, yellow and orange (ducks for cover), but at least putting the Friar on the navy sleeve says something about their nickname, unlike their logo that just shows some lame waves. I think their logo should include him.

Archived