Seattle Sounders FC Signs Kasey Keller

Brian in Boston

Major League Soccer's Seattle Sounders FC has signed goalkeeper Kasey Keller to a multi-year contract.

Born in Olympia, WA, Keller has appeared in four World Cups with the United States Men's National Team, captained the 1996 U.S. Olympic soccer team, played on three CONCACAF Gold Cup championship teams and was named U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year an unprecedented three times (1997, 1999 and 2005). He earned 102 international caps with the USMNT, including 53 wins - 47 by shutout. An All-American - as well as a National Goalkeeper of the Year - at the University of Portland, Keller played professionally with Millwall, Leicester City, Rayo Vallecano, Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Southampton and Fulham.

All those surprised, please raise your hand.

... yeah, that's what I thought. I'm actually a little surprised that he's signing so early, and therefore not playing anywhere until next spring.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm actually a little surprised that he's signing so early, and therefore not playing anywhere until next spring.

Unless, Seattle Sounders FC opt to get Keller some minutes - and make a couple of bucks on a fee - by sending him somewhere on loan. I'm not saying that it is likely to happen, but it could.

Archived