OPTIMUS: Challenge 6

Mac the Knife

Example-1.png

Here is the newest look for the coins. I consolidated the figures to fit inside the circle. Now that ring is basically to fit all front-side text (except for "Capital Area Sports Teams, Inc."), so since I changed the dimensions a bit, it might be a little different for your text. Make sure that it fits fine.

Also, do you want to make the icons or should I? They'll just be small, like a bowling ball, a golf ball, a softball, and a football, and about the size of the triangle inside the silhouette.

You can go ahead. Just make sure they're legible.

Can I lighten the gold?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gold coin, or "gold coin shading"? If it's the latter, I'd like to see both (current shading and your amendment). If it's the base, then make any changes you need.

Here is the look of the icons. Placement is not final. Thoughts?

Example-2.png

Good job! Do you happen to have the silver one?

Off-hand, I can't think of anything I'd want to change. There seems to be a little bit of blank space, but at least it looks clean and not over-full. If there's a font you would prefer, I'd say, just go for it. I've got the write-up and stuff ready, and I just need to put it on the presentation... in fact, could you do me a huge favor?

Could you post the gold AND silver in full-color AND black-white? So that's four things, and I really hope you can do it.

I guess if I could change one thing, I'd put the Capital Area Team Sports, Inc. maybe in the top curve? It seems too small where it is. I can only imagine how small it would seem on 1" and 1.25" coins.

Actually, would it be possible to put "Victoria Amat Curam" where "Ten Dollars" is, then move "Ten Dollars" down, and put the year in between the state shape and the oak leaf?

If not, that's okay. And I only ask that you make everything ready-to-go because you already have the vector with the text, and I do not.

EDIT: IMPORTANT: It is actually "per Contendo" on the front, not "por."

Would it be possible to do this, or is it too late?

Example-3.png

If it's possible, then ignore all of my previous suggestions for moving text... unless this wouldn't look good.

Please, GBM, I'm counting on you to bring it through in the next 10 minutes or so. This is a big chance to score some cred in the contest, especially with the kind-of messed-up week this has been for everyone.

Tell me what you think of this.

U743-1219895153.png

I'll get the silver and b/w going now.

Edit: hmm, didn't see those things. I think I can do the 4 eighth-circles but I think we'll have to live without "Victoria..."

And good catch on the per, not por. I'll change that.

Tell me what you think of this.

U743-1219895153.png

I'll get the silver and b/w going now.

Great! My concern is that it doesn't use the official wordmark (on the primary), but it looks great otherwise. Maybe I'm nitpicking, and I'm sure that you'll get these up nice.

Woo! We've made it! I was about 5 minutes late in posting, according to my clock, but it should be good. Prodigy was like 30 minutes late in Challenge 2 and still won.

Anyway, I'm glad we got through this one. It was difficult and... yeah, I guess this will be an interesting round. Both teams were slow to start, and the challenge was above-average in difficulty to think of something and get something started. But we got through it, and for that, I may sleep well tonight (but not for a few hours, because I just downed a Mountain Dew).

Woo! We've made it! I was about 5 minutes late in posting, according to my clock, but it should be good. Prodigy was like 30 minutes late in Challenge 2 and still won.

Anyway, I'm glad we got through this one. It was difficult and... yeah, I guess this will be an interesting round. Both teams were slow to start, and the challenge was above-average in difficulty to think of something and get something started. But we got through it, and for that, I may sleep well tonight (but not for a few hours, because I just downed a Mountain Dew).

Advice:

CaffeineFreeMtDew.gif

Of course I don't even drink soda or coffee, so what do I know :D

Go Optimus!

Archived